KPWT – Italy 2008 Final Day
The Fiat freestyle Kiteboard World Cup 2008 has been very successful on every point: top riders, competition, public, weather. All ingredients were there for an incredible week!
After having completed the Freestyle single elimination, we carried on with the Course Racing. The wind conditions enable us to complete two more races. All riders were really happy to have more chances to improve their results and they really gave their best.
The Hawaïan Jesse Richman was definitely the King of the Course Racing on this Fiat Freestyle Kiteboard World Cup 2008. He won 2 of them and finished 2nd on the first one.
Abel Lago managed to keep a place on the podium (2nd) and Olivier Dansin from France proved by winning the 3rd place that he really has the right profile for this discipline.
On the women’s, no surprise … The top 3 already performed in the former events. Kristin Boese is really the Queen of this discipline followed closely by Ania Grzelinska and Kari Schibevaag.
This is the last day of the Fiat Freestyle Kiteboard World Cup 2008! After the podium everybody packed their equipment and got ready to leave for the next step of the KPWT !
See you next week in Turkey for more show, more fun and more tricks !
COURSE RACING RESULTS
1. Jesse Richman (US) – Cabrinha
2. Abel Lago (SPA) – RRD
3. Olivier Dansin (FRA) – North kiteboarding
1. Kristin Boese (GER) – Best Kiteboarding
2. Ania Grzelinska (POL) – North Kiteboarding
3. Kari Schibevaag (NOR) – Ozone
1. Leander Vyvey (BEL) – JN-kites
2. Thomas Paris (FRA) – North Kiteboarding
3. Victor Borsuk (POL) – Naish
1. Ania Grzelinska (POL) – North Kiteboarding
2. Alice Brunacci (ITA) – North Kiteboarding
3. Ainhoa Garcia (SPA) – Airush
[Source: KPWT; Photos: KPWT/CArlos Delicado]