Aboards snowkiteboard review
“2 in 1 snow tool”
Aboard’s design team don’t loose their time. When they are not working on kiteboards they are improving Aboards snowkite board. They had just released a new 2009/2010 model of their single board that performs as a snowkiteboard and as a snowboard. We were lucky to try it this winter. 6 days, 2 riders and 3 meters of snow!!!
The board suits all levels of riding; it suits beginners, intermediates and advanced riders. You can enjoy snowparks, ride on the regular slopes, on powder and try your first steps in snowkite. It is really an all terrain board with centered waist and wood core that can be truly called “2 in 1 board” fitting equally snowkiting and snowboarding – freestyle as well as freeride.
It has great soft and balanced flex, which is an advantage if you want to perform tricks and land them softly or ride in the powder. Trust me! One of our riders just knocked himself out riding out of slopes on fresh powder every chance he could get.
With this board it’s amazingly easy to ride on powder, the nose is always up. The board has on its both edges special stringers in the core to keep grip at higher speeds and loads. These are particular important if you use it to snowkite.
All those qualities help you go up wind when you are snowkiting and keep you stable on rails during park sessions. It has a dynamic radius in a range of 8-9 cm that gives a rider greater maneuverability.
We have to admit that we were a little bit skeptic about the concept of 2 in 1, we thought that the board might be tuned for snowkite and it will not performs as well as a snowboard board, but we were positively surprised.
We really enjoyed it. If you love snowkite and snowboard you should definitely get one. If you are not sure about the board just yet take a look on the specifications below and go on the slope and just try. I promise, you will not regret.
The board has a stance width between 52-68cms and is available in 3 lengths (waist):
- 147cm (252mm)
- 155cm (258mm),
- 158cm (264mm)
Kitemovement Overal Report
- It has wide (26,5cm) and long effective edge which is great for powder and going up wind in snowkiting
- Great stability on high speed, on rails and jumps.
- Excellent performance for freestyle thanks to its twin tip shape and balanced flex
- Very durable and resistant (especially important in high loads exerted by kite) due to special strengthening construction; core is mixed type wood. You can see it well in transparent technology window.
- Good for jibing and buttering
- Excellent grip at high speed due to stringers in waist zone
- Very easy to do many turns when riding on the slope without the kite or even with little pull from the kite
- Very good performance on powder. Who doesn’t love going of the slope once in a while to have fun in some fresh snow?
- Very nice, simple graphics. A+! You will certainly be the most stylish rider on the slope
- Last but not least the price. The board is totally worth every cent you spend on it.
We definitely enjoyed this board, it’s very polyvalent so whether you want to snowkite or have some fun snowboarding, this board will not let you down!
To know more about the Aboards snowkiteboard visit Aboards website or visit an Aboards dealer.